Firstnation advise passengers to read this travel policy to make their trip with ease
1. UNACCOMPANIED MINOR
1.1) FirstNation have made provision for unaccompanied minor on all flights. An unaccompanied minor is a child not accompanied by an adult who is aged 7, up to and including the day prior to their 16th birthday will have the SSR code UMNR added to their booking even if they require no assistance. All flight must be confirmed at the time of booking and they will be required to complete the appropriate Unaccompanied Minor Declaration Form (UMD). (click and form will pop out)
1.2) This is to ensure that the proposed trip is duly authorised by the parent/guardian and for the ground staff/cabin crew to be aware of the young person and consider their welfare especially in a disrruption or diversion. All unaccompanied Minors must be advised that it’s mandatory for their parent/guardian to complete the declaration. FIRSTNATION reserves the right to refuse travel if the declaration form is not completed and signed by the parent/guardian, for safety and security reasons. Parents and guardian are also to ensure that the children have in their carry on all their travel details before handing them over to the Firstnation staff at the designated checkin desk at the airport.
1.3) Firstnation will apply UMNR Service charge of $150 for Long haul flights. $50 for regional flights within Africa and $ 10 for Domestiic flights. These charges are to be added to the fares.
2. SENIOR CITIZEN
Senior Citizen are passengers that have attained the age of 70 years old and above on the day of travel. FirstNation would assist our senior citizen at checking-in, boarding and deplaning enabling them travel with ease. Senior citizen with special needs should notify our office within reasonable time before their departure. Firstnation have concessional fares on some routes for our senior citizen, this fares are subject to availability of the assigned seats.
3. MEDICAL GUIDANCE
Passengers that require medical assistance during flight are advised to read this the following medical guidance carefully
1) Limited numbers of oxygen cylinders are available on the aircraft for use in emergencies. Additional therapeutic Oxygen can be provided ONLY IF 72 hours advance notice is given. Please note however that aircraft oxygen cylinder can deliver oxygen only at fixed flow rates of 2 or 4 litres/minutes.
2) Due to security reasons personal oxygen cylinders, oxygen generators etc will not be carried on board the aircraft.
3) Cases requiring oxygen should be accompanied by an escort who is familiar with the procedure of administering oxygen, or by a qualified nurse/doctor.
4) The attendant should ensure that all items/medical equipment brought on the aircraft by the patient (needles, syringes, and unused medications) is removed at the time the patient is disembarked from the aircraft.
5) Cabin staffs are trained in First Aid only & are not expected to render special nursing care to critically ill cases. First Aid kits carried on board the aircraft do not contain syringes, special drugs or instruments. Cabin crew are not permitted to administer injections or open physician’s kits which contain life saving drugs/equipment, and can be opened only under instructions of Registered Medical Practitioners.
6) Wheel chairs can be provided on request ONLY IF advance notice is given and the duly completed MEDIF form has been processed by FirstNation Medical Department.
7) Patients with intravenous (IV) drips are not allowed to fly as there is no provision for IV drip standson board the aircraft. All cases on intravenous drips must be accompanied by a qualified nurse/doctor. FirstNation Airways do no accept stretcher on board.
8) Any fee for the completion of this certificate or for further medical examination requested by FirstNation Airways doctors for purpose of certification will be the responsibility of the passenger.
9) All Electronic medical equipment would have to be cleared by engineering AND security before it can be carried on board the aircraft.
10) All medical detail asked for must be completed and submitted at least 48hours in advance of flight, as clearance has to be got from regional company doctors. As this form is transmitted by telex/fax, all medical terms should be legible & completed in black ink.
11) FirstNation Airways doctor’s decision regarding fitness of passenger to fly or the requirement of medical escort will be final. If at time of embarkation the condition of the passenger is worse than the details provided, carriage may be refused. Any case relating to patients with symptoms likely to cause distress or inconvenience to other passengers will not be accepted.
12) Passengers are requested to carry all medications that they may require in-flight in their hand luggage. Passenger who have a medical condition are also requested to carry all details regarding their illness (including treatment details,discharge cards from hospital, relevant medical history details, doctor's certificates, etc) as well as the recommended treatment in case of an anticipated emergency, in their hand luggage. FirstNation cabin crew would not refigerate medications for passenger and if this is required passenger should carry their own cool bag or vacuum flask.
13) If a pregnant woman after 28weeks must travel, she is bound to carry a medical certificate where the duration of her pregnancy and her capability to travel by airplane are written down. Air travel is not recommended for the baby within the first week (7days) after birth.
14) FirstNation personnel are well trained to provide special care for our senior citizen. This care begins from assigning seats, boarding, use of facilities and disembarking with ease. The senior citizen also has the option of wheelchair assistance when the request is made within reasonable time prior to travel.
Airport Reporting Time: In order to have enough time for check-in and to pass through security checks at the airport we advise you report One (1) hour for domestic flights and Three (3) hours for International flights. Please ensure you get to the departure gate on time for all flights.
Baggage Allowance: Firstnation is commited to have your bags arrive at your destination with you. Our free baggage allowance for domestic trip is 30kg Economy and 50kg on Business Class. On Regional trip is 30kg for Economy and 50kg for Business Class. We also allow sporting equipment on all flights provided their weight is inclusive in the baggage weight but you might be charge extra if it exceeds the free baggage allowance. The following sports equipments are allowed on all Firstnation flights, they include golf cart, badminton and tennis racket etc and should be packed appropriately to prevent damage.
Meal Choice: FirstNation accept special meal request on all flights. Passengers with special meal request are advised to make their request at the same time as making reservation on our flight. We allow 72 hours notification for all special meal requests.
Allocation of Seats: Passengers can make seats preference on all our flight however these seat numbers are subject to change due to operational reasons. Please note that you can only allocate seat online after tickets have been issued.
Passengers are advised to read in addition to the above the condition of carriage.